One of the main criteria in checking for the legitimacy of an online betting site is its license. This license is only granted by a regulatory betting entity that is acknowledged and is listed in the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). These regulatory betting entities vary from each other depending on the nation and the state where they operate. All the laws and policies regarding it should complement the nation’s betting laws. In this way, both the welfare of its people and the economy are safeguarded from notorious fraudsters.
France’s Regulatory Gambling Entity
With the passing of the Gambling Act (Law No. 2010-476), it established the Autorité de Régulation des Jeux en Ligne (ARJEL) which is in charge of licensing and regulating any online betting site that desires to operate in France. This act restricts any traditional betting games such as roulette, slot machines, and table games from operating on any licensed online platforms due to its addictive side effect. Aside from this nation-based regulatory entity, there is another set of betting regulators a game operator could choose from to license its business, and one of these is Curacao eGaming.
Curacao eGaming: Benefits and Drawbacks
Due to its years of experience and credibility as a regulatory betting body, Curacao eGaming became one of the well-known e-gaming regulators in the world. This regulatory entity has a headquarter residing in Curacao, an island belonging to the Dutch Caribbean formerly known as the Netherlands Antilles, where it got its name. A gaming house that has its license proves that the business is legitimate to operate, and it passes the ethical standards set by the official governing bodies. The reason why some gaming operators chose to apply for a license in Curacao eGaming is due to the following benefits:
- The licensing procedure is fast at the same time inexpensive.
- It imposes a favorable tax on the net profit which is not more than 2%.
- The simplicity of the gambling laws.
- Negotiable fees after the first two years of getting the “master” betting license.
- Any holders who are granted by Curacao eGaming with the Master License allow them to grant sub-licenses to anyone. However, the master license holder has the sole responsibility for all the activities of its sub-license holders.
- The master license comes in a complete package that grants the following to the new applicants in the betting market: business and sub-licenses, hosting, technical and financial support, dedicated services, private cloud servers, international finance, and other betting operation matters.
On the flip side, the license granted by Curacao does not hold much meaning to some players because once a complaint is filed, Curacao never intervenes between the players and the operators. Since it provides a fast and easy way for licensing through money, some game operators went AWOL. But there are some, who diligently work in the betting arena like viggoslots avis.