Online poker games are fun. But it can be difficult as well while competing if you are not familiar with the tips and tricks. If you are new to poker games, here is what you need to know.
Start with poker tutorials : interactive poker tutorials are the best way to start if you are a newbie to this game. Free trials with no money risks are available in almost all online poker game websites.
Poker guide : before starting to play the games, there are ten mandatory hand rankings and rules every players should be familiar with.
- Royal flush: It consist of ace, king, queen, jack and ten of a single suit. This can’t be beaten in any case.
- Straight flush: five cards in sequence like 2,3,4,5,6 of the same suit. If it happens to be a tie, highest rank of the sequence wins.
- Four of a king: four cards of the same rank and one kicker (one side card) .in case of tie, highest kicker wins.
- Full flush: three cards of same rank and 2 cards of a different matching rank. In tie situations, highest three matching card wins.
- Flush: five cards of same suits which are not in sequence. If it is a tie, highest ranked card wins.
- Straight: : five cards that are non-suited in sequence. In case of tie, highest ranking card at the top of sequence wins.
- Three of a king: three cards of same rank and two unrelated side cards. If it’s a tie, the highest side or second highest side card wins.
- Two pair: It contains two cards of matching rank, two cards of different matching rank and one kicker. Highest kicker wins during the tie conditions.
- Pair: two card of matching rank, three unrelated side cards come under this. If it’s a tie, highest or second or third highest side card wins.
- High card: any hand that does not come under the above category. Highest card wins in case of tie.
Sometimes it may take hours to complete a game and so you have to be prepared for long sessions. As large number of opponents with high holdings will be there to compete, make sure you have good bankroll to fall back during bad times. Keeping the game simple by letting the cards fall how they will and carefully listening betting is also important. Varying your bets so that nobody can easily read you is a perfect option thus playing a balanced style play.